Wishing all families a wonderful, safe Thanksgiving Break. School resumes Monday, November 30th. See you then!
Hi DVR Families.
Thank you for those of you who were able to come to campus for the Drive Through yesterday. It was great to see some familiar faces in person! For those that were not able to come by campus to pick up your T-Shirt and/or ID, Liz (DVS office manager) will be there from 12:00-3:00pm,Wednesday and Thursday of this week, if you’d like to come by to pick up any items. Items include: DVR T-shirts, IDs, headphones, student work packets (for those who have requested it).
Hi DVR Families,
Hope you are doing well. Just a few reminders, no school tomorrow, in honor of Veteran’s Day. Thursday’s class will be Algebra. Ms. Liang is looking forward to seeing students Thursday, at 3:45.
Also we will have a pick-up day this coming Monday, Nov. 16th from 1:00-2:00 on campus (201 North Douglas St.). Students can pick up DV Remote T-Shirts and Student ID’s during this time. A few DV Remote staff members will be there to greet and wave to students. It will be nice to see friendly, masked faces of students and staff. Hope to see you there and to be able to pass out these items to you in person!
Please continue to do learning logs every school day. We need learning logs to be updated and accurate for attendance. Thank you for your cooperation with this.
Hi DVR Families.
We hope you are doing well and that students are having a productive day of asynchronous learning. We will have parent/student office hours this coming Wednesday, 11/4 at 5:00pm. This will be a casual time for updates and Q&A. Please use Grace’s zoom link here.
Hope to see you there!
Greetings DV Remote Families,
The student headsets with microphone have finally arrived and are ready to be distributed to our students as soon as possible! In addition to several distribution events that each site has planned over the next few weeks where they will continue to distribute various instructional materials including the headsets, distribution of the headsets has been scheduled for several days this week for all DVS, DVC, DVD, Connect, Remote, Connect High and DVX students to come by on any of the following scheduled days and times. No RSVP is necessary for these days. Additional dates and times, including a possible weekend day, will be scheduled in the weeks to come in an effort to continue to provide opportunities for pickup for anyone who is unable to come by this week to get the headsets. This week, the headsets will be distributed on the following dates and times in the parking lot of the school campus located at 201 N. Douglas Street, El Segundo CA, 90045:
- Wednesday, October 28th from 8:30 AM – 3:30 PM
- Thursday, October 29th from 8:30 AM – 3:30 PM
- Friday, October 30th from 8:30 AM – 3:30 PM
To best expedite this process, please bring a letter-sized paper with the following information clearly written on it: Student(s)’ school(s), Student(s)’ grade level, and Student(s)’ last and first name. The student or parent/guardian will be asked to display that paper to the person distributing the headsets to facilitate the distribution. The headsets will be distributed under the large black canopy which will be set-up in Lane 1 of the parking lot, the lane closest to the gym.
Please feel free to contact the school’s front office manager, Sebastian Reynoso at email@example.com. Thank you!
Hope everyone is having a great start to Week 10!
Thank you for your participation in Parent & Student conferences last week. We really enjoyed meeting you and having important conversations on how to be as successful and support you through a successful semester with DV Remote. A few common tips and reminders that may be helpful to all our students:
- Check school email frequently, 2-3 times a day is helpful during remote learning
- Google Classroom has a “To Do” List on the top left corner, check it out so you can see all assignments.
- Grades can be checked in Powerschool with student’s ID and password
- Office Hours are available Fridays 12:00-1:00 with our Academic Coach, Mr. Reynoso. Mr. Reynoso’s Zoom Link here.
- DVR 9th Grade Tracker is linked here. We encourage you to bookmark this in your browser. All class assignments, videos, calendars, are posted here.
Other updates this week:
- Synchronous class sessions continue this week, M-F 3:45-4:45. We are asking that all students have cameras on for maximum engagement and instructional benefit (unless, otherwise noted during parent conferences).
- Learning Logs 3.0 need to continue to be updated daily. If students attend synchronous sessions, that should be written and recorded in the learning logs and counts as an independent learning activity for the student.
- Parent and Student Surveys— Your feedback is valuable to us! An important thing we do every year is to survey all of our parents and students to better understand how we can best help and support you. This survey will take you about 10 minutes, and we would really appreciate it if you would complete it this week.
- Student Phone numbers– At times, it may be easier for staff to contact students directly. If parents give permission for staff to contact students directly, please provide student phone number information using this form. This information would be used for school purposes only.
Thank you very much for your participation and cooperation. We hope you have a great rest of the week!
Hello DVR Families! Next week we will have Parent & Student Conferences throughout the week. You should have received an email from our front office manager, Sebastian Reynoso, with your scheduled time. It is very important for us to have this time together as we discuss your student’s progress and learning. Please check your email to confirm your scheduled conference time. If you did not receive an email or do not know your scheduled conference time, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to meeting you and connecting with you next week!
Due to parent conferences next week, students will be on “asynchronous learning” for the week. Students should check email daily for assignments. Students will receive attendance credit by being present at the parent & student conference, filling out daily learning log, and of course, completing assignments.
Thank you for your support and cooperation. We look forward to seeing you next week for Parent & Student Conferences!
Hi DVR Families!
We are trying out the new website and blog post. This will be our main method of pushing out information. There are parent (& student) office hours today at noon. This will be a casual time of updates as well as time for Q & A. Hope to see you there as we always like to connect when possible, especially in a remote setting! Link below. Grace Long’s Zoom Link